How to recover Microsoft Project file with data?
Microsoft Project Repair Software
Recovery Toolbox for Project
Recovery Toolbox for Project helps fix damaged Microsoft Project data files (*.mpp files).
How to repair a damaged Microsoft Project file
Step-by-step instructions for recovering a Microsoft Project project from a corrupted or damaged *.mpp file of any version:
- Download Recovery Toolbox for Project from here: https://recoverytoolbox.com/download/RecoveryToolboxForProjectInstall.exe
- Install Recovery Toolbox for Project on your computer
- Start Recovery Toolbox for Project
- Please select a damaged Microsoft Project *.mpp file
- And click the Analyze button
- Content of source Microsoft Project file. Press Start Recovery button to save the results
How to repair mpp file?
Recovery Toolbox for Project was developed for the recovery of information from corrupted .MPP files. The MS Project recovery tool reads information from corrupted files in Microsoft Project (any version) and exports the recovered data to a new file.
First, download and install Recovery Toolbox for Project. Once you have started Recovery Toolbox for Project, select a corrupted .mpp file from your device or computer and then press the Next button. The corrupt Microsoft Project file recovery software shows all possible records for restoration on page 2 of the recovery wizard.
The .mpp repair tool is useful after a power failure, hardware malfunction or a virus attack, or in the event of a problem due to a user error or ignorance of the basic data-protection rules.
Features of the MS Project file repair tool:
- Supports the repair of data from Microsoft Project files in all versions, including Project 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, etc.
- Exports recovered data directly into Microsoft Project
- Easy to use, featuring a friendly program interface
- Compatible and successfully tested under Windows 98, NT 4.0, 2000, Me, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Multi-language program interface with 14 main languages
- MPP Viewer Tool
- Viewer for damaged data files of Microsoft Project
- Shows and recover corrupted *.mpp files
How to recover MS Project file corrupt?
The interface of Recovery Toolbox for Project is based on the concept of a multi-step recovery wizard that requires minimal involvement by the user. Just follow the easy on-screen instructions provided for each step, and Recovery Toolbox will do the rest.
Free MPP File Viewer
Recovery Toolbox for Project is very convenient to use for viewing the contents of MPP files of Microsoft Project - damage, standard, or both Project file. The tool can work as a viewer for MPP files even if you don't have Project or Microsoft Office installed. The tool allows you to open and view any MPP files for an unlimited number of times, study the data of each task, and more.
Recovery Toolbox for Project implements a preview of Project tasks in the form of a table where all the properties of tasks from the Microsoft Project are displayed. The tool opens MPP files for viewing, even if they are damaged. Plus, it's free for an unlimited number of times.
How to Open a Corrupted MPP File for Free
Recovery Toolbox for Project allows you to open a damaged Microsoft Project file for free and display all the data from the damaged MPP file on the preview page.
How to Restore the Project
To restore a damaged Microsoft Project file, you can use the last backup or go back to the previous stable copy of the file, or try to use Recovery Toolbox for Project. With a very high probability, Recovery Toolbox for Project can recover data from .mpp files to their original state before they are damaged. To verify this statement, it is necessary to:
- Download, install, and run the DEMO version of Recovery Toolbox for Project.
- Select a damaged .mpp file.
- Run the analysis of the damaged MPP file.
- Review the restoration project tasks on the preview page.
- Export restored data to a new Microsoft project - available in the full version.
How to Fix the Project File
If you need to fix a damaged Microsoft Project file, then the full version of Recovery Toolbox for Project will allow you to do this in a few simple steps. Fixing Project files occurs by copying the corrected data from the damaged .mpp file to a new project. Fixing a project requires a desktop version of Microsoft Project installed. The tool doesn't fix or modify the existing MPP file. All recovered data transfers to a new project. Revised data from a damaged MPP file can be exported to a new project only in the full version. Revision of the project doesn't require specialized knowledge in IT. It's enough to have a regular Windows user skills.
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 or Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 and above
- Installed Microsoft Project
This problem may happen when you have installed the Microsoft Project but did not run it or the Microsoft Project is installed under another user record.
Please try to run the software as administrator: To run the software as administrator you can click with the right mouse button to the program icon and choose run as... or run as administrator popup menu item.
To correctly export recovered data from Recovery Toolbox for Project to Microsoft Project, it is necessary that:
- Recovery Toolbox for Project and Microsoft Project were installed under the same Windows user account on the computer
- The current Windows user account has been included in the Administrators group. Adding the current user to the Administrators group must be done before installing both programs under this account
- Recovery Toolbox for Project should run under the Windows user account that was used to install Microsoft Project
Customer's reviews and ratings
After extract data from corrupted Microsoft Project file, my tasks that have entered recover file, lost their position in task scheduler and durations, because they had media files.
At first, the schedule in MS Project opened without errors, but in the "Read Only" mode. After several changes, my .MPP file won't open. A message appears stating that the file is corrupt or a compatibility issue. After restoring the .MPP file, my information in it was changed - some tasks were restored without duration.
I was not able to open .MPP MS Project 2007 with 2010, it says Project cannot open the file. I restored the .MPP file online, there was no problem restoring the ms project file. The whole plan of my remote work was restored. #STAYHOME
I extracted some data from the MS Project schedule and the file became damaged. I recovered a corrupt ms-project file successful, but some task lost duration.
I put 4 stars because you did not write on the How it works page that the program must be run as administrator in order to recover a corrupted Microsoft Office Project file, which showed an error when opening "the file is corrupted" in MS Project 2010